Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Silk & Polyester




I love silk. I love the crisp feel and sound of it and the way it hangs when it is sewn into drapery. It's easy to work with and stays where it is told. The only thing that I don't love about silk is the fact that it deteriorates at a quicker rate than it's polyester counterparts. For many years, polyester had a bad reputation. When you think of the 1970's, you think of polyester pants and suit jackets. Not anymore. Many top fabric companies use polyester now, whether it's a polyester blend or 100% polyester. Polyester is durable and can actually look like silk when woven properly. Don't discount man made fibers anymore, they can be a beautiful addition to any home.

I still have a love affair with silk but I have a crush on polyester now.

Technorati Tags: , , , ,

No comments: